New PC here, Antivirus not, install games?

As above. Had to cancel AV software with one company and go to another. Will be a day or two. Am I best waiting for it to come (Norton AV 2003) and then install games or should it be OK to do games first. I want to bugger up the folders/files as little as possible.

I was going to go for McAfee Virus Scan 6.0 but read so many reviews saying people couldn't get it to work that I changed my mind. Any views?

If your talking about retail games, then yeah, go ahead. I'd be very surprised if you found anything suspect on a retail CD (provided we are talking mainstream ;) )

But I'd stay clear of the internet downloads, and your email (if using something like outlook)

Only if you were using something like cleansweep (?) another Norton/Symantec product would you want to wait.

NAV is generally considered the best. It's just pricey, especially when you consider there are free Virus Scanners out there that do a modest job.