Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Why do trenches move?

Keke

I´m playtesting my upcoming scenario, where the defender has a couple of continuos trench lines (padlocked). In the editor and with hotseat/AI -playtesting everything looks nice, but with PBEM-testing several trenches have "moved" at the start of the game few meters here and there, ruining the carefully placed continuous lines. Everything else, the troops and the terrain, are where they should be. What´s the reason for this and can it be avoided?

...While writing this it occurred to me, that if there´s no other solution, I could leave the trenches unlocked, and advice players to correct their positions during the setup.

Originally posted by Keke:

I´m playtesting my upcoming scenario, where the defender has a couple of continuos trench lines (padlocked). In the editor and with hotseat/AI -playtesting everything looks nice, but with PBEM-testing several trenches have "moved" at the start of the game few meters here and there, ruining the carefully placed continuous lines. Everything else, the troops and the terrain, are where they should be. What´s the reason for this and can it be avoided?

I've never had that problem. Are you sure they are all padlocked? Once padlocked, they should not move.

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

I've never had that problem. Are you sure they are all padlocked? Once padlocked, they should not move.

Yes, they are all padlocked. Maybe this problem has something to do with the fact that my playtester-opponent has an U.S. -version and I have a CDV-version (English) of the game (both patched to 1.01)?

[ November 29, 2002, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Keke ]

Originally posted by wwb_99:

They don't move, but they will get a little bit shorter as well as not appear on certain types of terrain.

Ok, thanx. There was no terrain problem, but now I know what´s causing those gaps in trench lines. I´ll just have to move the trenches closer to each other.