Spotting casualties

Can anyone explain the rationale behind being able to determine how many casualties an enemy unit has suffered? I did a search and found a number of discussions on how much info should be available with FOW, but nothing seemed to address how your units assess casualties in enemy units. As an example, if I spot a German rifle squad, I can find out that it has 4 effectives and 5 casualties. How do my troops determine that, as opposed to it being just a 4-man split squad with no casualties?

Thanks,

Ace

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PiggDogg:

Ace,

It is a mystery of the universe that you can know that those units are remnants of full squad or of teams. However, it is quite cool & makes one feel like an all knowing being.

Just enjoy, it ain't so bad. smile.gif

Cheers, Richard :D <hr></blockquote>

You're absolutely right, Richard. BTS has done such a fantastic job with this game and researched so many aspects that I thought this might have been one more thing that they thought through and there was some good reasoning behind it that I was just unaware of.

I will henceforth stop wondering and simply enjoy the game (when I'm not getting my ass kicked).

Ace

Well look at it this way boys. In most cases, troops knew who they were going to fight a few days before the battle. If you were going up against the SS and received a lot of K98 rifle fire, than its safe to say that's a rifle squad. They also knew enough about the enemy to know how they operated (squads of 8 or 10 or so on). If you kill 5 men while taking their position it’s reasonable to say that the squad was split unless 5 more of their buddies are lying there as well.

I also can't ever remember going up against a slit squad to see if my guys report that or not.

Boy you guys think of everything, EVERTHING!

Head