2 explosion 'shockwave' mods for CMBB demo

With many thanks to m.bates for the original idea and mod.

Edit: FOR CMBB DEMO ONLY

I do not recommend installing these mods in CMBO or full CMBB. This mod has 6 frames of animation for the downsampled demo while the full CMBO has 10 frames. End Edit

ShockwaveAnimation.gif

New_shockwave.zip

Uses the stock graphics but with an added ring/sphere of flame to catch the eye a bit more.

ShockwaveAnimationMk2.gif

New_shockwave2.zip

Uses the stock graphics but with an added expanding ring/sphere to catch the eye a bit more.

[ September 07, 2002, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Originally posted by Le Tondu:

***WARNING***

The above files don't work on a Windows system!

He could have at least warned everyone!!! :mad:

Le Tondu can you confirm if you installed the mod in the CMBB demo or in your full CMBO? I tried to look your e-mail up in your profile but you don't have one.

I suspect from looking at the data in CMBO in Virtual PC that the explosion there has 10 bmps for the animation against 6 in the CMBB demo. Therefore the mod would look odd if you ran it in the full CMBO.

Please let me know - Cheers smile.gif

Until it's sorted I'll add a Health Warning.

[ September 08, 2002, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Aren't we able to send private messages with this discussion board?

Sorry, I've been away. I unzipped:

New_shockwave2.zip

in the BMP folder for the CMBB DEMO and this is how they came out:

1702.BMP.bin

I removed the ".bin" and they wouldn't work. I left stay as it is above and it still wouldn't work. Am I missing something? I don't have Photoshop Pro. Thanks.

[ September 08, 2002, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Le Tondu ]

Originally posted by Le Tondu:

Aren't we able to send private messages with this discussion board?

Sorry, I've been away. I unzipped:

New_shockwave2.zip

in the BMP folder for the CMBB DEMO and this is how they came out:

1702.BMP.bin

I removed the ".bin" and they wouldn't work. I left stay as it is above and it still wouldn't work. Am I missing something? I don't have Photoshop Pro. Thanks.

Le Tondu, glad to hear back from you,not sure why this problemn has happened to you, admittedly I zipped the file with the mac app Stuffit Deluxe 6.5 which has done the job as far as I can see from the feedback from other PC users.

One thing I did noticed when zipping was the option of zipping files with a UU encoding, which I know is relevant when e-mailing attachments from the Mac to a PC user. If you want I can try to e-mail the file reencoded, just drop me a message from my personal profile.

Yours determined to solve this problem

smile.gif