Mid Madness @ Prum is Great: SPOILER!!!!!!!

x

x

x

x

SPOILS Follow:

Dunno if WBW intended to, but I took the bait to move the AMI force to the near wooded hills for an ambush up the middle, just beyond the barbwire. Beautiful ambush points, with view of road and some cover. I figured I'd get a couple shots, have some covering fire and retreat to the foxholes. The boys walked into the attacking troops. Awful nightmare. At the end of the minute there was little left to withdraw. Bloody.

Fantastic scenario. Still PBEMing it...

------------------

"Two World Wars and One World Cup, do da, do da!"

--British Hooligan, sung to Camptown Races

As his esteemed opponent, I concur with Havermeyer.

SPOILERS

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

I'm playing the germans attacking his american troops. My recon briefing said that his defensive perimeter was ill prepared for an attack. By Havermeyer moving his troops out of dug in positions to ambush me, he left himself wide open to annihilation. To say that he was ill prepared is an understatement smile.gif. This scenario is awesome though. It's night AND snowing. You don't know the enemy is there half the time until your dead. WBW, great job. I just love your scenarios and am looking forward to "The Second Job".

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Havermeyer and Juardis!

Thank you! Prum is one of my favorites....shoot, they're all my favorites, kinda like your kids.

Glad it went well for you. You are due some payback Havermeyer! biggrin.gif

A new one is going up today, Juardis. I think you'll find this one to your liking.

Its a sleeper, well tested by the Raider BootsN'Tracks Team.

I think it would work well for you and Havermeyer for your next "have at it," but let him have another chance in Prum wink.gif

You gonna do it?

Relieving the Rangers should be up by tonight at CMHQ

http://combathq.thegamers.net

Go to the Scenario Depot and it should be at about the head of the list.

I'm glad you are enjoying these, fellas. That was my purpose.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

SPOILER

Just my 2c worth, but Prum is one of my alltime favourites. The appaling visibility means you have to alter your normal tactics radically to stand any chance. My congratulations to anyone who manages to get off an effective mortar round!

I've set up a totally ineffective Ami ambush on the left flank in which each unit got picked off while the others peered helplessly into the dark until it was their turn to be toasted. In the end I was only saved by some armoured car heroics which got his armour tied up chasing me through the woods until the cavalry arrived. This is the _perfect_ scenario for feints as half the time you can't see _any_ of this troops let alone where he's massing.

Originally I thought those trucks and jeeps were just going to get in the way - big mistake. Without them the defender would have serious problems getting backup where it's needed even in this little village. Once you see your enemy you need reinforcements yesterday!

Thanks very much for this one Bill - every turn brings a new catastrophe and the play balance is very tight.