How is this possible?

I may be crazy, but it seems that on my system CMBB actually runs faster than CMBO in similar sized scenarios. The AI thinking and graphics processing displays run through so fast I hardly see them. Seems to me that it should be the same or maybe even a little slower. :confused:

I don't think you're crazy. Unless I am as well. ;)

I have also noticed that CM:BB seems to run a bit smoother when navigating the map than CM:BO. Vehicles also seem to move over the ground smoother. They seemed to move kinda "jerky" in CM:BO, especially at view level 1 or 2.

From a programmers stand point there could be a ton of reasons for this, too many to even hazard a guess, but it is quite possible. Steve or Charles could answer this, but hopefully they are off relaxing somewhere for a few days now that the project is finished. That's what I'd be doing. :D

[ September 05, 2002, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: StellarRat ]

Hmm, that's strange.

My perception is that the computer thinking time is much longer. The "Computer Player Thinking" bar in the middle of the screen whizzes through, but then the blue bar at the bottom of the screen takes quite a long time compared with comparable game sizes in CMBO.

Len