Can Axis be both sides of CMBB game?

I don't know if anyone has raised this question before. Can both sides of CMBB scenario be Axis? I've read a book, which mention about a brief firefight between German and Czech militia (at the end of the war). It sounds interesting. Both sides are Axis, can they fight each other in CMBB?

One odd thing you MIGHT be able to do (I'm not sure) is to create an early war scenario with Axis Romanians, then change the scenario date and insert Allied Romanians!

CMBB tries VERY hard to keep the game date specific (and accurate), but this might be a work-around.

Oh yeh, you probably stock each side with captured armor too. Really confuse matters!

As an natural born über-Finn I have to ask - of course - about the war of Lapland which took place in Finnish Lapland after Finland surrended to USSR in summer 1944. In war of Lapland Finnish troops fought (successfully and therefore avoiding USSR getting an excuse for occupating Finland) German troops in order to get them out of Finland.

Can I create scenarios/QB's putting Finns against Germans?

Sorry for my überness, I try to keep it low ;)

/kuma

Originally posted by miragex:

If I want to design a scenario for German vs Allied Romanians (with German guns), how can I do? I think I have to use Russian, with captured German guns, pretending to be Romanians. But I guess whether Romanians can use human wave or not...

No... set the scenario to a date after the Romanians changed sides... then you have Allied Romanians

Kuma, I might disagree about the "successful" bit in your description of the Lapland War. Considering that Germans pretty much dictated Finnish advance by their own schedules for withdrawal, the success wasn't very great - the Germans knew their **** from Italy, and Finnish tactics were familiar to them. And for most part of the war there wasn't that much of material for CM scenarios.

BUT there is an exception! The seabourne invasion of Tornio was a real, hard-fought battle in the classical sense, with initially surprised Germans trying to contain or push back the Finns, who on other hand needed time to ship in reinforcements. And you get to see funny early war tanks, too! I would really, really love to see an operation about that battle!

I was going to say something about Sergei's comments, but after reading my books more carefully I found him right.

The Germans had their time table for the withdrawal and it was successfull. Although Finns were able to free most of the Lapland in two months (15.9.-20.11.1944) and only a small part of the "hand of Finland" was occupied by Germans until 23.4.1945.

More about war of Lapland here.

BTW: On the retreat Germans burned, blew up and mined every single house and bridge in whole Lapland (only one single building is left from pre-WWII era). My grandparent's house was one of the burned ones. But that's offtopic.

/kuma