Rubble doodad bmp number??

Gyrene

I had a quick look for it - I couldn't find it either. It must be hidden in the executable.

So, I had look inside the executable for it. I didn't find it - but I found some other interesting stuff. While going through the strings, I noticed some interesting entries that might give us a taste of the features in the full game.

For instance, mixed in with the unit lists are these entries for the types of air units:

"Fighter-Bomber"

"Fighter (strafing)"

"Dive Bomber"

"Tank Buster"

"Ground Attack"

Also, mixed in with the entries for the names of the different nationalities is this entry - "Partisan". Hmmm, I didn't know there would be partisan units.

I also noticed a new map type - "Large Town".

There also seems to be a new setting in the scenario editor called "Rarity", for which the available options seem to be "Standard" and "Variable".

Anybody else have more info on any new features they may have discovered?

[ September 10, 2002, 03:15 AM: Message edited by: Flesh ]

Originally posted by gunnergoz:

Flesh, I just bet you looove peeking where nice company says you shouldn't; probably wear a pair of them Adidas PantyCam Shoes too, donch'a? :D

Sorry - I couldn't help myself. Call it natural "programmer's curiosity"... ;)

Flesh-

I have a version of it called "would-be programmer's curiosity" which prompted me in another thread to ask the BTS guys about the programming implications of relative spotting. I'm really hoping they'll reply, because I'd like to understand the concepts behind the programming, it's major principles and structures (as opposed to code itself.)

Originally posted by gunnergoz:

Flesh-

I have a version of it called "would-be programmer's curiosity" which prompted me in another thread to ask the BTS guys about the programming implications of relative spotting. I'm really hoping they'll reply, because I'd like to understand the concepts behind the programming, it's major principles and structures (as opposed to code itself.)

Well, feel free to mail me if you want discuss this. I've got my own ideas on how this was done. Also, if you or anybody else would like help or advice on programming or pretty much *anything* to do with computers - just drop me a line and I'll do my best to help.

Gunnergoz, I should have mentioned this earlier, but here goes.

I did a grass mod based on your amazing "FGD" grass mod. It's for both CMBO and the CMBB demo. It's now up on Zee's CMBB site. Here's the download URL: http://www.cmbbhq.net/scenery.html

I wanted to contact you about this earlier, but I didn't have your mail address as your mod did not come with any docs, just the bmp files. Also, your mail address in not available through your forum profile.

I hope you're not mad at me.

If you check out my grass mod, let me know what you think.

Once again, I'm sorry if I have caused you any offence by this.

Flesh-

Thank you for the kind words and BTW you may have more of the Gunnergoz grass files now than I do...my IBM "Deathstar" 60mb HD failed and took all my CMBO files and mods with it... :mad:

I'll try to pick up the pieces from the sites that may still have the better ones, like fieldgrass drab, so I can try to see how they'll work with CMBB.

The BTS boys are giving us modders a hard run for our money from the outset with BB, aren't they? :D Not that I mind much. :D:D