CMBB - Winter Graphics, Included?

I'm looking so much forward to CMBB, my favorite front of WWII. CMBB is going to be so much bigger than CMBO, especially in number of vehicles. The graphics directory will be huge.

I have a silly question, but ask away I'll do. Are the vehicle graphics going to include the winter versions this time around? Or is it going to be left up to the mod community to do so?

My copy of CMBO is about two years old and is still the best damn thing around. The best bargain I've encountered in software, out lasting any title I've ever owned. Only thing that will be able to top it is CMBB, of course.

[ June 14, 2002, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: kump ]

Yes I would really like those or the ability to detect winter setting and change the skin of the tanks accordingly.

I am a bit confused about how this works in CMBO. DO you have to replace the normal textures with winterones? so that the tanks now have snow on them ALL the time even in sunny weather? or does it use seperate files for all snow type stuff?

Originally posted by Tharka:

Yes I would really like those or the ability to detect winter setting and change the skin of the tanks accordingly.

I am a bit confused about how this works in CMBO. DO you have to replace the normal textures with winterones? so that the tanks now have snow on them ALL the time even in sunny weather? or does it use seperate files for all snow type stuff?

I believe that bitmps with a 1 in front are used for winter textures and they only appear when snow is on the ground. Something like that.

Yaphank,

You are correct. They are a set of BMP's that get used if snow, and the non-winter used if not available (as in case of CMBO base install).

Since there is going to be an incredable number of vehicles for CMBB, it may be unrealistic for me to expect a matching set of winter BMP's, but it would sure be grand.

Hi sitzkrieg,

I've been dropping by and reading posts once in awhile, but involved with other things besides CM so just kept my mouth shut. I'm going CM nuts again and forum visiting is just one of those CM things one must be do when the CM virus has struck again.

Unfortunately, I won't be working on the CM Outpost web site. I no longer pay the monthly cost of shared access and loath the free and commercialized sites. Plus, I did more web work than CM playing before, and this time around I want to be more self centered and play the game.

PS: I'm now playing on a 42" Flat Panel HDTV which is computer ready (VGA connector) and mounted on a wall right above my computer desk. With a GeForce4 card in AAx4S, CM rocks on it.

But Offwhite, you are correct.

I am a selfish b_____d.

And BTS will think so as well when we start crying about our CMBB orders when the time comes. Oh I can remember the days when CMBO first came out and the noise I made about my pre-order not arriving. And I haven't changed my diaper yet!