Armored Trains

I have included an Armored Train in my new scenario "Taking the Train", which is in the pipeline at Boots & Tracks.

Obviously there are no specific armored train type tiles in CMBB, but I think I came as close as possible. Look for it after testing in a month or so.

jw

hey spoon

I experimented with using a track with both sides covered by no go terrain. Then I set up an exit and a major Victory flag at one end. You can then use a Stug as a locomotive followed by HT cars, rather jerky and a tad silly looking but it does work.

Originally posted by Zenedon:

Is there any other game other than Sudden Strike 2(yuk:)...

Ya' know, I know I'll get flamed for this, but Sudden Strike II is fun. Not in the slightest tiniest bit realistic, but fun. I've been playing the demo for a bit now, and it's really quite entertaining. There are a lot of aspects to the game play. Anyway...

Hans,

I did something similar. I looked up the armament and then dug in vehicles and pillboxes in the location I wanted; then went back into the editor and added the train tracks. It is immobile but will give you the effect. I don't think they fired much on the move, anyway.

jw

Originally posted by Zenedon:

well they rarely took part in close combat. They usually supported other units with indirect fire.

I thought the Germans used them alot for Anti-Partisan Operations. Say, that would make a niffy Senario. Partisans blow up a section of rail and attack the stalled train.