Dustcloud. See for yourself.

take a look at this.

http://www.haggve.se/Mpeg/CV90120A.mpg

this is what happens when you fire a relative big gun on a dry(normal european) day.

The 40mm Bofors gun in CM is a Swedish Construction used on the CV9040..

I've fired that gun several times during my time in the army.

Even that gun raises a very big dustcloud that won't settle for several minutes. That's why in the heat of the battle new firing positions all the time is so very important.

Can/Will this be considered?

SWE

I agree about the dust cloud issue. I am amazed how massive artillery barrages in CM dont make any dust/smoke that hinder LOS. This should certainly be the case on dry ground and there should be less on damp ground, none or very little dust on wet ground etc...

Yep.. the clip is of a 120mm.. the CV90120..

the CV9040 uses the 40mm.. but since that gun also whips up large dustclouds the issue is the same..

the 40mm fires 5-6 shots per second..

if you fire a gun in snowy or dry conditions the results will be the same.. and since alot of the guns during WW2 fired close to the ground it makes it even more important..

SWE

[ May 06, 2002, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: SwedishPSK ]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought all gun crews wet the ground around their guns to prevent such a dust cloud. Tanks are another story, but at least for guns, I don't have much of a problem with they way it is now (except they're spotted TOO easily IMO).

Originally posted by Pak40:

I agree about the dust cloud issue. I am amazed how massive artillery barrages in CM dont make any dust/smoke that hinder LOS.

collapsing stone bulidings in reality create larger clouds, than dozens of smoke grenades. but this was never modeled, neither in CC nor in CM.

in steel panthers it was.

[ May 07, 2002, 02:39 AM: Message edited by: sebastian ]