Missing Text on CMBO

Hi

Hope you can help.

The Mission Briefing and End of Games results text is missing from my game :( . I have been playing the game for a year now without problems and it stopped appearing suddenly. I have uninstalled the game completely and reinstalled it but the text is still not appering. It also happens occasionally on the PLAY GAME screen when going to select a mission there are none listed. I am at a loss as to what is causing the problem or how to resolve it :mad: . Please help.

yep, that's no doubt the culprit since i've seen this on my system and did the same things you did

namely uninstall and reinstall the game - it changed nothing and was a total waste of time

as many threads in this forum indicate, the likely first thing to suspect is drivers

that being said, it would be more than a little odd if you haven't installed a new vid card or changed your drivers

Schrullenhaft is definitely more of the expert than i am on these things, but i'll give it a go

i'd certainly consider falling back to older drivers if they worked and the current ones don't - the fps increases i experienced didn't blow me away

i've used the 40's (most recent series of leaked drivers for nvidia cards) and found that AA and anisotropic filtering didn't work together - basically resulted in what you described above

AA (antialiasing) and anisotropic filtering aren't essential, but nice to use because they do improve the graphics

i'm running the 30.87 drivers and everything works perfectly - so you could pick those up at www.guru3d.com or fall back to whatever you were using before you updated - which is quite easy to do if you're running XP because it has a roll back driver feature

hope that helps

[ December 22, 2002, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: easytarget ]