How many of you are sticking with CMBO for the moment?

CMBB out does CMBO in so many ways.

For a start the visuals and effects are much cooler and more realistic. ShockwaveShmokwave ...ever seen an explosion like the ones depicted in CMBO? (Except Nuclear)

No more cartoony style graphics = greater imersion.

Infantry react better to incoming fire.

No more dare I say it...gamey infantry tactics.

you really learn to look after your infantry forces. Use them badly they will be wiped out, use proper inf tactics and you have a powereful tactial force.

In CMBO the only reason to buy mgs was to eventually wear down your enemy with casualtys.

Mgs are now true assets on the battlefield eg. supression, slowing enemy advance, area denial and of course, total slaughter.

The fog of war is far better making ambushes a very viable tactic, especialy at guns. Also lets at guns to be used ofensively.

Artillery needs los to be effective

No more fire and forget CMBO style of arty spotting.

Due to the previous two factors, AT/inf guns survival rate has dramatically increased.

I used to to think how much I would hate to serve with an at gun battery in real life...eg suicide.

A greatly improved armour model makes tank battles way more interesting and realistic.

Doodads need I say more?

Vastly improved sound overall.

CMBB excels over battlefronts previous effort in so many was it is impossible to list them all.

There is no way I could go back to CMBO, athough a very fine game when released.

After I played the demo I couldnt go back and had to order CMBB even though I was still playing CMBO at the time of the demo release.

People my find CMBB compared to CMBO very unforgiving....that is true as it was in real life.

I can only hope Battlefront continue to strive for total realism in the future.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I FINALLY FIGURED OUT A FEW REASONS WHY I DON'T ENJOY CMBB AS MUCH AS CMBO

1)Size of the shell explosions !!

Mostly they are tiny little nicks in the grass that I can't see unless at ground level.

2)The tracers are very hard to see (Even with the tracer mod).

3) Vehicles often just go "Clunk" and die - very boring.

4) Troops get tired too easily making for many boring turns until they get to where the action is.

CMBB can be just to much hard work.

Maybe this is realistic and there are a number of people out there that want that. Well how about some Mods that satisfy those of us that like the "Cartoon" type explosions etc..

Originally posted by Casey:

CMBB out does CMBO in so many ways.

For a start the visuals and effects are much cooler and more realistic. ShockwaveShmokwave ...ever seen an explosion like the ones depicted in CMBO? (Except Nuclear)

No more cartoony style graphics = greater imersion.

Hmmmm, Im sure a 75mm shell hitting the grass should do more than make something akin to a golfers divot? You call that realistic? :rolleyes: Cool? :confused:

[edit - to those few shockwave haters out there, ask youself one question;

When you see a building go up, do you ever view it a second time, just to catch it one more time? If you answer that honestly with a yes, then you need to think a bit more.]

[ November 24, 2002, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: Pud ]