a ? Hunting ? we will go

Is the only way for Tanks to ignore infantry

to use the Cover Armour command ?

the manual says Hunt is for AFV's to seek out Armoured Targets & AT Guns,

Engage, then Move on seeking others (Yes, I Paraphrased)

In a scenario I just played my Tigers took great delight in targeting Infantry

when I wanted them to seek out armour: even when given the Hunt command

The only way I was able to modify their behavior was to use the Cover Armour command

and then the move command

I sort of thought this was dealt with long ago in a CMBO patch, what am I missing?

[ September 28, 2002, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: jeffsmith ]

giving AFV the cover arc Armour command PLUS a Move order should be a slower form of HUNT?

No?

With cover arc Armour ON while an AFV is assigned a MOVE command will it stop and engage?

perhaps EVEN better.......

What about SEEK Hull Down (MOVE) slower advance and Cover Arc Armour?

Is that not the best method of AFV advance to engage opposing Armour targets?

I don't have the game yet :mad: grrr so I can only play with the demo which is fairly limited in good armour engagements :(

-tom w

[ September 28, 2002, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

The armored covered arc command is a must for hunting missions. If you dont give the command, your tanks just like to pick off meaningless infantry and they get waxed! Press the 'v' button and the hold down shift and point the direction where you suspect some armor. Your tank will keep its turret pointed at that point no matter where it moves, and will only engage tanks or AT guns. Hope this helps Jeff.

Chad

Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

The armored covered arc command is a must for hunting missions. If you dont give the command, your tanks just like to pick off meaningless infantry and they get waxed! Press the 'v' button and the hold down shift and point the direction where you suspect some armor. Your tank will keep its turret pointed at that point no matter where it moves, and will only engage tanks or AT guns. Hope this helps Jeff.

Chad

I wouldn't say a must. Setting that arc for your tanks gambles on several things. In my EXTREMELY limited (one scenario) CMBB gaming, if I had set a covered arc for my tanks I would have taken a b*tt whipping from the AI on turn 5 instead of the mutual bloodbath that occured. You get to guess the scenario (its on the disk). smile.gif

Greg

My last night battle i fought (yep..my troops..sorry.. ;) ). I put one of my stug`s in a ambush position on the head of a street. Layed an ambush marker exactly on top of this street. A JSU aproach on the end of my AM, stopps, then drived along the outher lines, stopps again, now in front of my ..sniff.. Stuggi and puff... ;) .