Quick Battles

Hi all! Just got the game on Saturday(Maryland) and have to say this is about the best game I have seen in years. So far I have only been playing the quick battles but I have a question on buying units. We get "X" amount of points to buy units, but I have yet to see all my units show up. I played a very small battle where I bought 2 King Tigers and a Storm Tiger. Only 1 King Tiger showed up at the start along with the Storm and the second unit never appeared. Does anyone know why this is the case?

P.S. Despite being heavily outnumbered, the Axis kicked butt. You should have seen the Russian infantry trying to assault the Storm Tiger. That 380mm takes a long time to reload. There must have been about 3 Companies and a couple of molotov and grenade throwing tank killers perhaps 7-10yds in front of this baby when Wooooooommmm, off she goes. I swear, the explosion blew one guy about 100yds through the air. Pretty impressive(I didn't thing the gun could depress that far) but not nearly as good as when a M17 halftrack unknowingly pulled up and got blasted at 50yds right down to the chassis. This game simply rocks. :D

I've had the exact same problem. Buy units and they dont appear on the field. Im also curious why this occurs.

It's fun to turn rarity off and buy the uber tanks like your 2 kt's and 1 sturm. Although highly unrealistic to have them in a single battle, but what the hell.

What rune said.

I was thinking the same thing that this was a bug, but then I read the manual :D .

If you have that factor at anything but 100% you will get extra points to initially buy, but those units are considered lost on the way to the fight. You end up with the number of points you were originally intended to get in men and equipment.

So in a 1000 point QB with random casualties, you might get 2000 points to spend, but 1000 points of men and equipment never make it to the fight.

Thanks, I will give it a try. Have to admit, my armor mix was unrealistic, but what the heck. It was all in fun and for working with the learning curve. Besides, I had never seen the Storm Tiger before. Just finished another battle that used a Brumbar. Took place in a village. Another example of a rare unit, out of place but still fun. Thanks again.

Actually I think it would be cool if you didn't lose all of the extra stuff. To compensate for the lack of control your have.

Longer explanation:

You have a 1000 points battle and 25% casulties, you can buy for 1250 points (that is not strictly correct from a math standpoint, but anyway). Normally you enter the battle with 1000 points and the random number generator threw away 1250 points.

I think it would be cooler if you were ending up with 1050 or 1100 points.

So by taking the risk of giving up extact control over your units you get the benefit of an overall bigger force. A nice tactical decision to make.