New Dentonator 4.0 beta

Well, I just modified them to work with my Dell laptop and Geforce 4 Go 440 and can report absolutely no fps increase using Fraps.

Also, upon going to the scenario selection screen all the text is missing until I escape/restore, and my standby and hibernate options are missing now too.

Back to the 28.35's for me I guess. As usual though...YMMV.

Harv

I just tried the new 40.41's ones in CMBB and all in game text is blank on the Scenario and Parameters screens if you have ANY Anti-Alias setting turned on.

My guess is that it would be the same in CMBO.

Looks like Nvidia has again introduced some new bug with their drivers. Last time it was in their mip map ordering sequence, now it appears to be something with their AA code.

To fix this issue turn off AA for Direct3D in the Nvidia Applet.

Madmatt

Whats the site anyway. Thought it was guru3d.com but that appears to be something else and 3dguru.com doesn't come up. Was a good place to get the latest vid drivers. Using the 29.90 drivers and they seem fine so far.

[ August 29, 2002, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: CJMello ]

Well, thanks for the info. I was contemplating them, since they claim to yield a 25% performance improvement. Although, I've seen postings saying that NVidia just tweaked (cheated) to get a good score on 3DMark.

Anyway, I definitely ain't going to install anything that messes with CMBO on my computer!