G.I. Combat???

Being very new to both titles, I posted a question on the GIC forum stating why i should buy one game over the other (hoping experienced players would give me the pro & cons of both games)....the response i got was very interesting:

Combat Mission is to damn slow, I think. I mean yeah your suppose to be strategic and all that, but atleast make it exciting. I think GI Combat is just the ticket for me. It looks like it'll be strategic and tactical with the added plus of great visuals. It'll also be faster paced than the turn based CM. Also I like seeing all my men in a squad, instead of being represented by three people.
GICombat is better than CBM2.

-Better IA.

-Better graphics.

-It is continue real time as cc games.

-It is more fun.

to name but a few!!!!!

[ September 05, 2002, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: theBrit ]

I notice you have selectively cherry-picked the responses that you have quoted. For example, you left out,

"My stock response to these questions: Why in the world would you not get both? I'm certain I'll purchase multiple copies of CMBB (at least 5 - always need a backup and they make great gifts for friends) and, if GIC is as good as I'm hoping / expecting, I'll probably do the same."

and,

[b}"I don't see any reason not to get both.

I just tried the demo of CMBB and it is a much slicker game. The AI does seem better but it's hard to tell with limited (2) missions available on the demo. It did appear as though routed German troops in the game actually fled and regrouped in a second defensive position in some trees in one of them and that seemed like a marked improvement. Definitely gettin' both"

and, most importantly, from the GI Combat creator himself,

"Hmmm, why would you only buy one of them? E"

Seems to me that you are trolling to start a flame war...When MadMatt closes this one up and says it belongs in the General Forum, maybe someone will have a verbal joust with you.

Have a nice day.