Follow vehicle command on pillboxes !

The other night i noticed that the follow vehicle command was available to use against enemy pillboxes/bunker.

But if you do that, and i did, to see what would happen, your units move up to it and stop and DO NOT attack. (the units approached from behind)

In addition, being that my infantry was so close to the pillbox my ordanance refused to fire.

Now you might say "just move your damm infantry away from it"

well....

It WILL NOT let you cancle or give those units orders. (until the pillbox was eliminated)

They (2 crack soviet recon squads) were frozen, not attacking with any of their grenades or molotovs and only 10 meters from the rear they sat there for 5 minutes or so until another squad aproached without the follow pillbox/vehicle command and dispatched the pesky bugger, freeing those crack squads from their binary bondage.

Try it for yourself and see if you get the same results.

ALL time CM horror story...or at least a CM world record.

i lost 9 fast moving t-34/85's to a single king tiger at ranges over one kilometer one even to a HE round.

at one point That KT took out 4 tanks in 4 shots.

ive never seen anything half that good at half that range out of 300 games.

Originally posted by rd:

Someone reported a bug where troops carrying molotovs cannot or will not target a bunker. This may have something to do with what you saw. I think that this was one of the things getting patched.

Molotovs will not be used against bunkers, this is intentional. We did fix a bug where units with both molotovs and other weapons wouldn't use either on bunkers though.

Madmatt

Originally posted by GravesRegistration:

It WILL NOT let you cancle or give those units orders. (until the pillbox was eliminated)

Yes it will. It is naturally confusing though, because the line that FV draws is sort of a target, sort of a movement command... I've hit the wrong key to cancel it too, all the time.

Eden