Some Of My Mods Look Strange...

Problem 1: I installed Pawbroon's Wasp mod but I've been using CMMOS 2.1 to change nationalities with my vehicles. For some reason, I'm not seeing Pawbroon's mod in my game but another one with stars on the vehicle (denoting U.S.) and a big yellow triangle which seems to be an option that wasn't loaded for the mod or something. Anyone know what I'm talking about.

Problem 2: The other strange thing I'm seeing using CMMOS is that my tanks have tire tracks going up the hull in the front. It does this no matter which option in CMMOS I select. I'm confused as to why it does this, what it is, and how to get rid of it.

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: Colonel_Deadmarsh ]</p>

The Wasp with the Air Recognition Panel is Feldgrau's.

You might have either installed both to test them and hadn't uninstalled one properly or you are using Feldgrau's all along and that's why mine isn't showing...

As a side note, I do use Feldgrau's Wasp.

I've reMODed it to my taste but nobody in is right mind would want to use one of my MOD over Feldgrau's.

:D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PawBroon:

The Wasp with the Air Recognition Panel is Feldgrau's.

You might have either installed both to test them and hadn't uninstalled one properly or you are using Feldgrau's all along and that's why mine isn't showing...

As a side note, I do use Feldgrau's Wasp.

I've reMODed it to my taste but nobody in is right mind would want to use one of my MOD over Feldgrau's.

:D <hr></blockquote>

Well, you don't uninstall a mod, right? You simply copy over the last one. So, I'm a little confused as to why there's a part of the Wasp missing (big yellow triangle which looks like a graphic is supposed to go there)

Where do I get Feldgrau's mod? I'll try installing that over the one in there now.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

Problem 2: The other strange thing I'm seeing using CMMOS is that my tanks have tire tracks going up the hull in the front. It does this no matter which option in CMMOS I select. I'm confused as to why it does this, what it is, and how to get rid of it.<hr></blockquote>

Because that's part of the glacis plate .bmp! Most Shermans carried a great variety of equipment on the glacis, esp tracks and spare bogey wheels, in attempt to add any extra armor. That's what's being simulated.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

Well, you don't uninstall a mod, right? You simply copy over the last one...<hr></blockquote>

You do.

My Wasp/UC wasn't CMMOS Compatible.

So I had extension like _mm, _mmb, _b etc.

Feldgrau's is.

If you installed mine and play with it, then put Feldgrau's _po, _ca, _uk etc over mine, CMMOS would only apply his texture.

Now if you had probs with CMMOS it might explain the mismatch.

So even though there is NO uninstall procedure, what I mean is that you need to be SURE you deleted all of the previous files before...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by panzerwerfer42:

Because that's part of the glacis plate .bmp! Most Shermans carried a great variety of equipment on the glacis, esp tracks and spare bogey wheels, in attempt to add any extra armor. That's what's being simulated.<hr></blockquote>

Where did this bmp come from? It's on all my tanks and I can't get it off. I don't see any option for this in CMMOS.

Also, where is Feldgrau's Wasp so I can fix this "yellow triangle" problems I'm having?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

why don't you post a picture of what the hell you are talking about? In your situation I am sure a picture is worth a thousand words, and would illustrate to the interested parties what it is you are describing.<hr></blockquote>

Ask and you shall receive...

ns-3-vi.jpg?1010558569

Now you see what I'm talking about. What's missing here?

Also, how do I get rid of that spare tread glacis plate bmp on all my vehicles and just have the normal look?

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Colonel_Deadmarsh ]

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Colonel_Deadmarsh ]</p>

You've mixed multiple parts of Feldgrau's and mines.

Side, Top and details are his.

Front and lower hull are mine.

Redownload one or the other and do a fresh install after having deleted ALL occurences of:

3680_*

3681_*

3682_*

3683_*

3684_*

3685_*

3686_*

Then you should be done.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PawBroon:

You've mixed multiple parts of Feldgrau's and mines.

<hr></blockquote>

Mine's? Did I just enter The Sopranos?

Maybe you'z could tell me where to find this Feldgrau fella, or at least show me where to find dem mods of his, capiche?

Thanks for your help. Be sure and tell Vito hello from me and the boyz. Gratzi.

Considering that PawBroon is not a native English speaker, I think he does bloody well. So why pick on him? Especially when in your first post you misspell triangle...

You will find the two carrier mods here:

PawBroon's Carrier mod:

PawBroon's Carrier

Feldgrau's Carrier mod (CMMOS 3)

Feldgrau's Carrier

Note that PawBroon's mod isn't CMMOS compliant, so you have to make sure that nothing else with those numbers exists in your bmp directory. Otherwise every time you use CMMOS, it will overwrite some or all of the textures. This is what I think is happening to you now.

I strongly recommend that you install CMMOS 3. It works just the same, but has lots of extra features if you want to use them. But it is needed for most of the more recent mods, which won't work properly without it. There just isn't any good reason for staying with v2 at all.

If you use Feldgrau's carrier, you can turn off the aerial recog. panels in the options in CMMOS.

OK, now that the carriers are out of the way, please post a picture of the Sherman problem. I suspect that you are using one of mine, but I'd like to see. Once I know what you're using, I'll be able to solve this. If necessary and if you're nice I'll send you plain-front versions.

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: Marco Bergman ]</p>