Hospitality at the Texas CMBB preview

I just got home from the Texas preview and the excellence of the game was only matched by the very gracious hospitality of the Seim's.

If providing their home and time were not enough they also fed us both lunch and dinner and snacks in between! After all this they allowed me to spend the night in their guest room!! They offered one too many times and I couldn't say no. The result of this generosity was that I got to play two games against the AI two months before I would have otherwise!

Will CMBB be as good when not played at the Seim's?

Who would have thought that Combat Mission would bring people together like this.

I think we need to get all the world leaders to a weekend CM-athon.. they will be having a great time, share meals, and by the end we could talk them all into settling all international disputes through quickbattles..

But I bet Arafat would try to get around Fionn's 76 rules, and then the whole thing would break down.. Oh well, it was a thought...

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Look for my report on the Sneak Preview tomorrow - I will include lots of SUPER SECRET juicy INFO! I even have a pretty cool SCREEN SHOT of the new game!

Don't miss it!

Uh-oh, I feel a lawsuit brewing! :rolleyes:

Michael

[ July 29, 2002, 04:19 AM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]

Just wanted to thank the Seims for their wonderful hospitality. They went above and beyond as Mrs. Seim entertained my wife and toddler son, giving me an opportunity, although much too short, to see CMBB and play a complete scenario against Stormbringer. This preview also gave me some insight into the magnitude of the research and committment BFC is putting into the development of CMBB. As to CMBB, it will be worth the wait and having had an opportunity to take a look, I am content to wait as long as it takes for BFC to complete their work. My battle with Stormbringer was an armor slugfest, at short range, between German and Soviet heavyweights. The biggest improvements I noticed were the number of new commands and the graphics when the tanks would fire. I'll leave it the other participants in the preview, who were there much longer than I, to give a more detailed account.

[ July 29, 2002, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: uhduck ]

Actually, the group of CMBO/CMBB fans were housebroken and a deplight to host. We gave the AI a good work out as well as several hot-seat games. QBs and scenarios were sampled and I especially enjoyed the, "ooOOOOO, aahhhhh" effect as the visual touches were discovered as well as many of the aspects on so many of the collective "wish list" of features.

Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

Who would have thought that Combat Mission would bring people together like this.

I think we need to get all the world leaders to a weekend CM-athon.. they will be having a great time, share meals, and by the end we could talk them all into settling all international disputes through quickbattles..

That Aussie, John Howard, would probably try a gamey flag rush, as well as only purchasing uberTanks...