Cowardly Russians?

This is my first post for a couple of years so I hope that highlights the seriousness of the situation. I did make a search on retreating armour but knowing the unusual way our friends across the Atlantic spell certain words I may have missed something. My question is why do 15 of my T34's retreat on contact with a lone Tiger 500 meters away? Surely if anyone would lose their lunch through a rear door it would be the Tiger crew? The game seems not to have any concept of the number of friendlies in the vicinity V the number of hostiles. Agreed a couple of T34 (76's) finding a Tiger 500 meters away may well retreat - but 15? I think they would realise that their best option would be to move with all haste to close the distance.

Also you end up getting the silly yo-yo effect of the tanks having orders to move forward - retreating - moving forward again after fresh orders - retreating etc. The odd tactic of putting a smoke screen in front of the Tiger just to shield your tanks from the horrible sight starts to become a silly viable option.

A little different to the reality of Russian tankers actually ramming German armour as reminisced by a Soviet tanker on a history channel program I watched a few hours ago. Any threads on this?

"After first encountering our superior tanks, the Germans created their clumsy monsters: the Tigers, Panthers, and Ferdinands. These tanks are inferior to ours. It was proven during recent battles, where the path of the German retreat was filled with the remnants of Tiger tanks and their other weaponry. The recently-introduced King Tiger tanks did not frighten our soldiers. During the first encounter, our tank crews and artillerymen proved the absolute superiority of our weaponry against the so-called secret weapon of the Germans. Our valiant tank crews under the command of Oskin, Udalov, and Potekha, destroyed a few King Tigers each. The battle results of the Soviet-German front indicate the obvious edge that Soviet tanks have on German tanks. Ours have better cannons, better ground-crossing capability, and better maneuverability."

So what are they frightened of? Heh.

The battle results of the Soviet-German front indicate the obvious edge that Soviet tanks have on German tanks. Ours have better cannons, better ground-crossing capability, and better maneuverability."

"Lies! Lies! Nothing can stop my Super-L33t Uber Panzer! Nothing, you hear me!"

*Slurp*

"...except for this Axel deep mud."

I just finised reading about Operation Spring Awakening. It must really be nice to have tanks that bog down the instant they go off road. Oh well, it gave the Soviet Sturmovik Pilots plenty to do.

Have you looked at Rexford's latest post on Russian arour penetrations and the ability of the 76.2 vs Tiger armour?

If I was the Russians I'd run regardless of the numbers!!

Have you looked at Rexford's latest post on Russian arour penetrations and the ability of the 76.2 vs Tiger armour?

If I was the Russians I'd run regardless of the numbers!!