New guy question -- Which game should I start with, CMBO or CMBB?

I'm thinking CMBB, since it's newer and seems self-inclusive. Are there advantages to starting w/ CMBO, though? One consideration is that I will probably want to play whichever one I get with a friend online, and I'm guessing that the newer game will perhaps lend itself better to that.

Thanks smile.gif

Originally posted by Mace:

If you're not particular to either I'd suggest CMBB given it's improvements over CMBO.

(then again you could buy both ;) )

Mace

Hmm...are the improvements significant? Can you elaborate on them a bit? Thanks again...

Thanks, Winks, I might just do that. I read some of the FAQ thread, it seems like the Americans might be fun to play in BO, and you get the latest improvements/upgrades in BB, so both might be the way to go...not that much extra $$ I suppose.

Go ahead and buy the bundle, but be warned...you probably will have a hard time playing CMBO if you start on CMBB first. I have CMBO PBEM games going on right now that I just want to finish so I can retire the game and move on.

Maybe you should put CMBB away for a few months and just play CMBO. Enjoy that for awhile and then delve into CMBB.

I agree... it's too hard to go back to CMBO. Although in my case, a large portion of that inability is due to the fronts involved (I cut my teeth on the old Apple ][ wargame, Kampfgruppe and identify more with the Eastern Front).