Splitting PBEM files

I am in a 3k game and the file sizes are a bit big. 1+meg sometimes. My partner only has the capability to receive 1024 kbytes on his server. I have a file to send that came back undeliverable of 1.1meg. I zipped it up and the size came down to 867k, but guess maybe he had some other files in his inbox. How do inboxes read files sizes when zipped? The zip size or the size of the contents?

My main question tho is: Can PBEm files be split and sent individually and then recombined? Is there a piece of software that will do that?

We really don't want to scrap this game.

I have seen the same problem when playing a PBEM operation. I ended up fixing this problem by using Juno instead of Hotmail for my PBEM account. Juno does not appear to have the same restrictions on file size. Maybe this is an option instead of zipping.

I don't know why you couldn't split them, send them, and then have the receiver combine them. I have split all kinds of files before in the past and never had a problem, so I don't know why a CM PBEM file would not work the same way. Try it and see, then come back if you have any problems.