How to tow Russian 76 or 85mm AA gun ?

Never mind tow them... YAG 10 heavy lorries were also used to carry them to provide reliable mobility for 76 AA guns. There are a couple of pics in "Soviet mechanised firepower 1941-1945" by Zaloga and Magnuski and in Zaloga and Grandsen's "Soviet Tanks and combat vehicles of WWII"

I was playing a campaign in 1941 and I bought a truck and 76 AA gun and whoops, no re-deployment!

Wat about giving us a captured SdKfz 7 tractor?

No new modeling involved, solves the game logic problem of having towable guns without towing vehicle and even if considered a stretch of reality it is one for an unarmed, unarmored vehicle and will probably not screw up realistic gameplay.

Good idea Redwolf, the captured Axis guntractor for the Russians...

I dont think i will use it much, but to have for both sides the same options would be nice for pbem battles in which BALANCED forces are more important then 100 % realistic forces.

In that case we can choose.

Monty aka Moose

Actually high rarity for a captured tractor would be OK in my opinion.

The captured German gun tractor would mainly be for scenario designers who need mobility for their players or for Quickbattlers who are either lucky in variable rarity or willing to spend the points. Remember the tractor is only 25 points so even rarity 200% keeps it affordable in a big battle.

I understand that BFC hates adding time-consuming new stuff to the old engine like the pest, so I have high hopes that this hack may get into a patch, even though it stretches reality a little.

Question is did someone already try to drag Madmatt or somebody into this thinking?

Originally posted by redwolf:

Actually high rarity for a captured tractor would be OK in my opinion.

The überFinns did not have any gun tractors but the captured Komosomolets's (Komosomolets', Komosomoletses ? smile.gif ), all 184 of them, so that would rather cancel out the rarity on them.

If they ever make it into the game that is.

Originally posted by tero:

The überFinns did not have any gun tractors but the captured Komosomolets's (Komosomolets', Komosomoletses ? smile.gif ),

Komsomolets :D

But I seriously doubt a dinky little Komso could pull a several tonne AA gun, so that wouldn't solve the untowed AA gun issue.

Originally posted by Foxbat:

Komsomolets :D

Oh, man ! When you can't get it right you can't get it right. smile.gif

But I seriously doubt a dinky little Komso could pull a several tonne AA gun, so that wouldn't solve the untowed AA gun issue.

True.

It would solve the überFinnish untowed any-gun issue. smile.gif