Whose site has the CM Scenario Mega Pack (692 scenarios)?

Does anyone know which site hosts this treasure trove of scenarios? It even has an Excel table for locating what you want...and has both the old and the new...some from version 1.00 going thru 1.12.

I have it on my hard disk, but I would like to be able to direct ppl to its true home.

Thanks,

Kevin

Silvio,

At one time I had compiled all of the scenarios together into what I call "The Scenario Mega Pack". That effort was met with some resistance, as I went a little out of bounds by not first obtaining authorial permission to distribute such a compilation.

However, out of that learning experience was born The Scenario Depot. The Scenario Depot now either directly hosts or is linked to over 976 battles and 92 operations. Many battles and operations have a Scenario Synopsis, peer-based reviews, After Action Reports (AAR's), Preview screenshots, author biographies, and Scenario of the Month awards associated with each entry.

If you haven't been there before, toddle over and check it out. If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me (email address in profile) or post here.

I'm a pretty new fella to all this computer stuff, so I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to download the scenerios from that site. I download the zip file, but then for what ever reason, I can't open it. . . Help would be appreciated.

Thanks-in-advance

P.S. yes i do have winzip, is this what i need?

Ok sarge, You use windows I take it.

Just pay attention where the zip file is downloaded, you should be given the option of where to put it. then just double click on teh program, this will open win-zip, and the ziped file. just highlight the file i.e. click once then click on the extract button this will open another window then just make shure that teh path goes to your Combat Mission scenario Folder

my path is C:\games\combatmission\scenerios

then you should be ok..

fi it helps here is a pic

winzip.jpg

aka_tom_w,

Sorry, but the former Scenario Mega Pack is long since defunct. Distributing such a compilation without authorial permission to do so violates their personal copyrights. The only way to obtain these scenarios is to download them indivdually from any of the various hosting web sites.

All of the scenarios that _were_ in the original Mega Pack are available on their respective pages at The Scenario Depot.

Let's put this thread to bed people...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Admiral Keth:

aka_tom_w,

Sorry, but the former Scenario Mega Pack is long since defunct. Distributing such a compilation without authorial permission to do so violates their personal copyrights. The only way to obtain these scenarios is to download them indivdually from any of the various hosting web sites.

All of the scenarios that _were_ in the original Mega Pack are available on their respective pages at The Scenario Depot.

Let's put this thread to bed people...<hr></blockquote>

OK smile.gif

thanks for the update

Admiral Keth, GREAT web site! that Scenario Depot is a REAL service to the CMBO community.

THANKS!!

-tom w

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dogface:

Ok sarge, You use windows I take it.

Just pay attention where the zip file is downloaded, you should be given the option of where to put it. then just double click on teh program, this will open win-zip, and the ziped file.<hr></blockquote>

Careful, Dogface. not everyone has winzip and even those that do don't always use the classic view. In fact, winzip use among casual users may be going down with WIndows now coming with zip handleing built into the explorer.