BFC - Whats the next big thing ??

Its easy! Yes all of WW II starting out optionally with one of the majors and continuing on through the whole campaign. Upgrading equipment taking your surviving veterans with you as you expand your command. Multi-player/commanders forming higher levels of command through decorations/successes. Expand the game to a division level/further to a strategic map with your input for the next battle location/conquest. Zoom back and forth from tactical level to strategic, micro-managing where you wish, auto-pilot the rest through all the different war mediums, air, naval, subsurface, technology, espionage, etc. Let's don't mess around anymore, create the ultimate wargame. There is enough expertise/tech available and lord knows it will forever be patched/upgraded.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats wrong with the eastern front?

Personally i'd like to see whole europa from Warsaw to Berlin but alas I think BFC wants it's money so it's only one front at the time.

Surely Africa/Italy/France are less seen and used in wargames ,but these a reason: variability, and on east every day is different.

And soviet barrages are machos!

Like others I understand that the next release will be set in the North African desert, and will be called Combat Mission: Tobruk to Tobruk (CMTT).

After that my suggestion is that BTS revisit those surreal PC video games of a few years back when we could race little speed boats around the kitchen sink or drive miniature cars around a cluttered desktop. Imagine an armoured assault on a strongly defended bread bin, or the skillful and desperate defence of the hob (I imagine those T34s would have quite an advantage in that treacherous chip fat).

OK lets assume that in 'next big thing' BFC are going to do an engine re-write.

With a new engine, revisiting WW2 East and/or West front will be fine with me.

One if the strengths in CM is its multiplayer games and I think BFC should expand on this.

Lots of sim/fps games support on-line multiplayer. Would it be possible for CM to do it ?

2 or more people per side each controlling a group of units, a team and whole game chat interface

and the possibility of other non-players watching as observers. I think this would work for IP games

but less sure it could be done for PBEM.

Maybe with one PC acting as the host .... damn i'd even PAY a subscription for that one ...

(did you get that BFC - PAY !) ;) ... If hosted on a central server.

Lou2000

I think it would be a good idea to separate the engine from the details as much as possible and provide the user with the tools to modify the game, so that if you wanted, you could build an Ancients mod using the engine.

Modability does great things to long self-life, although wargames tend to have that anyway.

• 1 month later...