Anyone in Des Moines waiting?

Mailman came at my home in Fort Dodge, IA.

I was waiting atthe mailbox, as I had just got home.

Mailman pulled up, before he could finish saying "hi" I said:

"you got it for me?"

"got what?"

"a computer game (understatement, I know, but I am talking to normal folks) should be in a box or shipping envelope."

"nope."

"damn.... you'd better have it tomorrow."

mailman laughs and parts with a "good luck."

:(

Originally posted by favreking:

Perhaps the god will look kindly upon me and grace CMBB in my mailbox this afternoon. If not, I will just have to be satisfied with watching "Stalingrad", "Enemy at the gates", "Cross of Iron", "Glitter"....whoops :D

Being in Des Moines, I would imagine that you might get it today. Mine probably left Des Moines today or has arrived in Des Moines this morning.

If it is not here tomorrow, I will do something drastic, like wait another damn day and keep saying to myself "you've come this far. a few more hours will not hurt."

Originally posted by Dave:

Should be in Cedar Rapids tomorrow. What's the package look like?

Cedar Rapids here as well. Waiting on 3 copies (one for me, 2 for a couple of fellow wargamers I work with, and assimilated to CM BTW). No luck today (checked over my lunch hour). Tomorrow or Wednesday.

Keith

Originally posted by fortsumpter:

Holy cow! I can't believe I see this. Six or seven other people from the great state of Iowa love the game. I live near Ames, and didn't figure anyone else would be around.

I haven't ordered yet (family's food and home first I guess) but later on we'll have to have a get together!

That would be a great idea. I also did not realize as many people in Iowa come to this forum...

let me know if anything is ever set up...

vsp36@frontiernet.net

Originally posted by favreking:

Perhaps the god will look kindly upon me and grace CMBB in my mailbox this afternoon. If not, I will just have to be satisfied with watching "Stalingrad", "Enemy at the gates", "Cross of Iron", "Glitter"....whoops :D

Servers you right for being a packerbacker tongue.gif

[ September 23, 2002, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Captain Wacky ]