Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

lack of secondary weapons

I'm not sure how hard this would be to factor into the game, but...

Crews abandoning their tanks are armed with pistols. But HMG's, ATR's, Flamethrowers, etc have no close defense/secondary weapons. Same goes for some armored vehicles with no MG's. Shouldn't there be a way to trigger self-defense pistols/SMG's to be used when the main weapon is either unavailable or inappropriate against infantry targets, say, 30meters or less away? Like a crewman to a tank destroyer using his pistol or MP40, or an out of ammo HMG/ATR/Flamethrower/spotter to use their pistol in self defense?

Originally posted by Baron von Beergut:

I'm not sure how hard this would be to factor into the game, but...

Crews abandoning their tanks are armed with pistols. But HMG's, ATR's, Flamethrowers, etc have no close defense/secondary weapons. Same goes for some armored vehicles with no MG's. Shouldn't there be a way to trigger self-defense pistols/SMG's to be used when the main weapon is either unavailable or inappropriate against infantry targets, say, 30meters or less away? Like a crewman to a tank destroyer using his pistol or MP40, or an out of ammo HMG/ATR/Flamethrower/spotter to use their pistol in self defense?

Actually this has been changed for CMBB. HMGs, towed guns and on-board mortars are now supposed to have an "imaginary" smallarms capablity in case some grunts get unfomfortably near, that is before they abandon their main weapon.

I didn't have an opportunity to test it, so far noone tried to overrun my batteries smile.gif