M1910 Maxim Machine Guns in 7.62 mm x 54 calibre

Originally posted by Firefly:

As usual, no doubt for nefarious political reasons, Andreas totally ignores Stalin's 1943 directive that all T-34s be equipped with the Mk. 3 fluffy dice.

Well Mr. Smartypants. The existence of the M.3 Fluffy Dice is about as proven as that of welded-on Bren tripods on lend-lease Matildas. Also, I fear that if you don't come out of your SW London hole for a drink someday, I am going to have to sent an NKVD detachment to get you.

Budda budda kerching indeed, matey.

There are however documented cases of trophy Stugs with nodding dogs and knitted toilet-roll covers on the engine decks. Probably captured from the Germans.

I'am a collecter of WWII equipment and weapons, I own a Maxim {non- firing}, a MG42,{non-firing}, and a BrenMKI {no comment HEHEH} a sten MK5,{purchased the above listed from I.M.A. as parts kits}. I also have the M91/30 7.54{russian}, K98K 8mm{German},British 303no4,U.S> M1 Garand 30.06, Jap 6.5, {all are operational}, I have seen the Maxim,MG34 and 42, along with the browning and many other LMGs and HMGs in action {Knoxville Machine gun shoot}, I tell you what I would not have the nerve to run at a MG34 or 42, let alone a Maxim,those ruskies had real nerve {or had to be real scared}, just seeing those weapons putting out all that lead! I did notice that barrel exchanges on the MG34 and 42 were done pretty quick,and they were easily stripped for servicing,where as the maxim took a little longer. If anyone knows where I can get a MP44 dummy gun or pats kit, I sure would be grateful

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Speaking of slogans, has anyone seen that KV-2 with "If you think my tank is ugly, you oughtta get a load of my wife!" plastered across the rear?

Michael

Is that the one standing in Bovington next to the SU76 with the slogan:

'If you can read this, fascist, you are too close for comfort and I will kill you'

(2nd Ukrainian Front, Iassy, 1944)

?

Originally posted by tracer:

I'am a collecter of WWII equipment and weapons, I own a Maxim {non- firing}, a MG42,{non-firing}, and a BrenMKI {no comment HEHEH} a sten MK5,{purchased the above listed from I.M.A. as parts kits}. I also have [List goes on and on]

You wouldn't have any scanned pictures of you collection on your website (if you have one)?

I promise not to drool on them :D

Did you actually see them change the barrel on the maxim? That must be one hell of a job to do in action :eek: Luckily they're water-cooled :D

Originally posted by Andreas:

Does it have the Rally Stripes of 1019th Rifle Regiment? I would also be particularly interested in Maxim '57', with the black letter on a red background '57', that was operated by Hero of the Soviet-Union 'Pavel Rattatsky' in the Oranienbaum Pocket.

Pffff...mechanical mouse droppings compared to the guns used by the 4077th "Modsluts" Brigade. Lowered suspension, thicker antiroll bars, alloy wheels with spinner hubs, pearlescent paint... :eek:

DjB

I don't have a website for these items yet but I plan on making one to feature all of my collection, I also have some battlefield recovered soviet items and german {have a helmet which belonged to a Latavian conscript who fought in the SS} from the Kurland pocket. If your interested in WWII subgun kits and LMG/HMG kits visit www.ima-usa.com, this is one of the many sites I visit, {you'll be surprised on the pricing of these kits}

As John 'Tovarich Pickitsky' Salt pointed out to me over a beer tonight, the Mk.3 Fluffy Dice is a major factor in explaining the superior performance of Soviet tankers. Mainly because the German language has no word for 'fluffy', and they could not copy it, unlike the T34.

Originally posted by tracer:

I'am a collecter of WWII equipment and weapons, I own a Maxim {non- firing}, a MG42,{non-firing}, and a BrenMKI {no comment HEHEH} a sten MK5,{purchased the above listed from I.M.A. as parts kits}. I also have the M91/30 7.54{russian}, K98K 8mm{German},British 303no4,U.S> M1 Garand 30.06, Jap 6.5, {all are operational}, I have seen the Maxim,MG34 and 42, along with the browning and many other LMGs and HMGs in action {Knoxville Machine gun shoot}, I tell you what I would not have the nerve to run at a MG34 or 42, let alone a Maxim,those ruskies had real nerve {or had to be real scared}, just seeing those weapons putting out all that lead! I did notice that barrel exchanges on the MG34 and 42 were done pretty quick,and they were easily stripped for servicing,where as the maxim took a little longer. If anyone knows where I can get a MP44 dummy gun or pats kit, I sure would be grateful

Wow. Neat. And you said your address was...? :D