sound mod sounds screwy once in game

obrian

got some sound mods from WarfareHQ and listened to them individually while out of game and they sounded fine.

Once I got in the game though,things got wierd.

Distorted voice mods sounding like a slowed down record (think it's german commands but can't tell for sure).

Any ideas whats going on? Any way to tell before installing which mods will turn bad?

When downloaded from site files were MP3.

I converted to wav before installing. Could it have to do with conversion?

:confused:

You may want to compare the length and type of sound with the original. It should preferably be the same type (Stereo/mono, bit depth and sampling frequency) and preferably not much longer in duration (length of time). There are different types of sound files in CM (stereo/mono primarily). Your conversion from MP3 to WAV format may be the biggest issue here. Again, you may want to compare the original sound files and their specs and then convert the MP3's to match those specs.

The sounds were probably posted in MP3 for two reasons - general platform independence and size.

Within the Windows File Manager (Explorer) you can right click on the WAV file name and select Properties from the pop-up menu. Go to the Details tab and there will be a line "Audio Format" that will give you the info (i.e. - "PCM, 44,100Hz, 16bit, Mono"). There is also a line called "Media Length" to tell you how long the file plays for.

There are probably other utilities to determine this data, but this is a universal way.