Juicy CMBB books @ Barnes & Noble

Finally got to the bookstore after months of missed attempts. Three things stood out in the time I had:

HISTORY OF ARTILLERY by Hans Halberstadt

Has great illustrations, data and photos of artillery through the ages, including some wonderful stuff on WW II, including a dug-in Wespe battery, recoilless weapons from several nations, and some juicy rocket launchers. TACOPS fans will drool over the modern artillery section, especially the new Russian MRL photos, things even DoD's Soviet Military Power had as art if at all.

PANZERS ON THE EASTERN FRONT by General Raus, wartime commander of 6th Panzer Division. This appears to be a reissue of earlier U.S. government sponsored memoirs, but what makes this book especially drool worthy is the

large section of German combat art.

ENEMY AT THE GATES (hardback reissue of 1973? edition; no apparent update from newly declassified material).

Also noted but didn't get to look at Beevor's Battle of Berlin book and some inexpensive references on Allied and Axis aircraft of WW II.

Had to leave because I was in danger of losing my sanity. Wanted almost everything in the WW II area.

Regards,

John Kettler