What ever happened to the anti-tank ditch?

At the risk of being repititous, I am nearly certain that, in response to a question as to whether AT ditches were to be included in CMBB, the response from BTS was 'yes'.

I can't remember when this exchange occured, probably at the time a lot of questions were being fielded and getting replied to (tried a search but no luck)

Anyway, having had a 'sneak peek' and not seeing them and having this confirmed by others, I just wondered why they didn't get in.

Probably in the same way that CMBO survived without Dragons teeth, CMBB will manage without AT ditches. But they do seem to have been an integral part of the many large scale defensive battles on the East front and it seems a curious omission.

Originally posted by James Crowley:

At the risk of being repititous, I am nearly certain that, in response to a question as to whether AT ditches were to be included in CMBB, the response from BTS was 'yes'.

I can't remember when this exchange occured, probably at the time a lot of questions were being fielded and getting replied to (tried a search but no luck)

Anyway, having had a 'sneak peek' and not seeing them and having this confirmed by others, I just wondered why they didn't get in.

Probably in the same way that CMBO survived without Dragons teeth, CMBB will manage without AT ditches. But they do seem to have been an integral part of the many large scale defensive battles on the East front and it seems a curious omission.

Dragon's teeth can be adequatly represented by rough terrain. AT ditchs are a little trickier to do, but but can be approximated by a row of terrain that is 3 levels beneith the surrounding terrain.

Originally posted by Tarqulene:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> (tried a search but no luck)

Search for "Russian brides."

The game doesn't ship with anti-tank ditches, but each (non-CDV) copy of CMBB will ship with with 5,000 Russian women to dig anti-tank ditches.</font>