What to do with leaders- particularly good ones.

Well if you thought this was the latest strategy - oppps ...

It is an open question on the topic, if you had a leader that had +1 of every attribute or better WHAT or HOW would you use him ?

I expect out of LOS helping good FG's pepper the enemy or as OBA observors but - .... < add your view here>.

I'm looking forward to some tips :cool:

This is pretty broad. If I had a platoon HQ with +1 everything and that he leads a "high quality unit" like Airborn, FJ, Panzergrenadiers, etc., then I would hold this unit back as reserves on the defense. On offense, save these guys for those tough defenses or that last VL the enemy's holding onto tenaciously.

In attack, I would put him and his platoon (we are talking about a rifle platoon leader, aren't we?) right behind the point platoon. That way, they don't get caught in any ambushes, but are quick to come to grips with the enemy and deal them a sharp blow.

In defense, I agree with Warmaker. Save them for your mobile reserve to counterattack a crucial position.

Michael

when i have a good "all around" leader like that, i will use them as the most important leader. if im defending, ill sit his butt close to the most important VL or strategic location and have as many units as i can under his C&C without being art. bait! when attacking, i like to use them for reserves, or if i HAVE to do something really stupid (cross open fields under fire) i will use them in that role.

My thoughts for both defense and offense:

combat bonuses: use to command on- and off-map mortar and artillery. Also good for reserves to be used late in the game when the extra combat oomph will help if your other support units are dead/out of ammo.

morale bonuses: I like to use them for front-line troops, who are most likely to draw a big wall of hot lead.

Artillery note: does anyone know if any bonus reduces the time 'till a strike can be called in, or is that just a function of experience level??