alt.binaries.w-software

GJK

Originally posted by GJK:

I threw a bunch of mods up there last night. Mostly hold overs from the Proving Grounds and some that I've gathered from various places like Tom's.

Browse through them if your newsgroup savvy/inclined.

GJK

Please give us the exact site address. I tried to locate "alt.binaries.w-software" but was unable to find it.

alt.binaries.w-software I imagine is a newsgroup, so you will need to set up outlook or some other newsreader to access the nntp server provided by your ISP. The tech support people at your ISP should be able to tell you how to configure your system to get news from their news server. I don't know, but it might also be possible to see the group through the google groups webpages.

Depends on your news provider, but usually around 4 days. Just post a request for a repost and I'll be happy to fulfill.

I think this route should be explored as far as mod sharing goes....as I've stated before.

GJK

Originally posted by Canuck:

I'm a big fan of newsgroups-but not for getting mods :D

Well, to each is their own. With the recent demise of my site and other sites in past due to bandwidth limitations and costs to run mod sites, I proposed using newsgroups as "a" method of swapping mods.

Some sites could hold screenshots and filenames (but not the mods themselves) as a catalog of mods that you might be interested in, then simply make the request on the newsgroup. If somebody has that particular mod and doesn't mind, they upload it and we all can share it.

Just an idea. I'll keep posting there as long as people make requests. If it catches on and enough people start using it, maybe there will be "mod-swapping heaven" in there. :D