Seelow Heights op

Two parts:

I have begun an operation based on the Soviet assault on seelow Heights in anticipation of the "Frontovik" upcoming mod. Part 1. Does anyone have any leads on accurate period maps of the area, or force data ideas? (I have a fictional op that I have begun testing-not done yet, but pretty hair raising as Germans)

Part 2. In the set up of an op, I would like to have German forces "fixed" on the heights. However, the op starts quite some ways before this area, so the Soviets do not assault the high ground until the third or fourth battle. Is there a way to lock forces besides bunkers in place?

It would make for a more realistic op if possible. Thanks.

Not sure but I thought the area in front of the german defenses was swampy.

The russians lost many tanks in that area

I could remember though that the german commander pulled back his troops short before the artillerybarrage felt down,saving lots of man.

I thought it was Heinrici

I believe Ryan wrote a story about it in one of his books.

It was about the battle for Berlin.

I am giving the beta version a test now. Maybe by Sunday I can send it out. Does anyone know about that issue of locking "defensive " units in place? It keeps ending up with either a few battered elements, too weak to hold out, or I have to have a reinforcing come in. A mine field before the heights is a necessity, but I do not want the op to begin at the base of the high ground. I am using Polish troops with the new Frontovik Soviet unknown icons now, and I am praying hard for that mod...

No, single player as either side. PBEM or two player should be good as well. I just solved a few problems I was working out. I have given up hope of finding a map of the area, but I have used guess work from readings about the battle, and tried to keep it exciting to play. As soon as I can get another full day free, it should be a go. :cool: