Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Need help about Rage3D Tweak

Altug

Sorry, I apologize that I opened a new topic on an older problem.

I am also suffering from RADEON VIDEO CARDS AND SLUGGISH GAME PERFORMANCE in CMBB. I followed the instructions in the troubleshooting page and did read a few topics about the problem here. I installed Rage3D Tweak v3.9c, but the Z Mask under direct3D options was already turned off. I tried turning it on and off to see the effect, yes it helps slightely but doesnt solve the slow game problem.

Can you guys suggest anything else I shall try? I dont have any clue about direct3d or opengl options, so please tell me what exactly I shall do.

My computer is p4- 3 GHz, 1 GB ram, XP service pack 2, ATI 9600pro 256 ram 8x agp, ATI catalyst 5.2 xp drivers.

(I did read that scenarios like Stalingrad can run slow, however the game runs much more smooth in my old computer. I would continue to play CMBB on it, but the poor machine is about to die soon because of a board problem. It is a p3- 1.7GHz, 512 ram, XP service pack 2, GeForce 4 MX440 64 ram with an outdated nvidia driver.)

You may want to be a little more descriptive of the problem that you're having with performance (i.e. - is this during scrolling around at particular view levels, etc.). The Z Mask performance issue seems to apply when you have a unit selected and performance decreases at that point for everything (including turn calculation). It's possible that the latest Catalysts turn off this feature, though that would seem unlikely since Z performance optimization is a major feature of the Radeon family. It's possible that the Rage3D Tweaker can no longer modify the Z Mask setting of the latest Catalysts.

When you are comparing performance to your old computer were you comparing the same scenario ? The larger scenarios with a lot of buildings can really bog down fast computers and potentially make the comparison unfair.

What kind of settings do you have set for your Radeon (AA and AF) ? These can also rob a lot of performance in CM. These are usually turned off (actually set to "application controlled") by default, so you would have had to turned them on manually.

[ February 13, 2005, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]