Camo'ed pillboxes, purchased foxholes and AT trenches.

In regard to the above, I feel certain that at some point in the past BTS/BFC suggested that it would be possible to buy camo'ed (and therefore more difficult to spot) pillboxes/bunkers. Also, because defending troops were not supposed to automatically get foxholes, it would be possible to purchase foxholes on their own. There was also mention of AT trenches as distinct from ordinary trenches.

Now, although I had two bites at the 'sneak peek' cherry in London, I'm blowed if I can recall seeing any of that stuff at all :(

Despite some major searching, I cannot now find anything related to the bunkers or foxholes, but I did locate Steves' reply to my AT ditch question in "A bunch of answers to your questions" thread in ARchive no.3, which did seem to suggest that they would be included.

Or am I just imagining all of this, much like the six foot tall white rabbit in the corner of my study?

Can anyone throw some light on these areas? Have any of the other sneak'peekers seen these features; or know that they are definately not in?

Or can anyone else remember reading about them in the distant past.

It would be nice to know; although if others can confirm these features being in or mentioned it might mean that the rabbit is actually real :eek: Now that would be worrying.

I've been hearing that trenches are in, but nothing about the rest. BTW, just for the sake of clarity, by 'trenches' I do not mean AT ditches.

Oh, and BTW, I may have imagined it, but I could swear that somebody reported that attacking forces now have the option of beginning in entrenchments.

Michael

[ August 06, 2002, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]

a) Troops should always 'auto-camo', depending on the available time and situation. Defensive troops should always start with camo. Camo can be even added during the battle. Not so well, it is possible to improve somthing very quick. That is common and all armies, and I assume it was already in WWII.

B) I think it is a good idea to allow different levels of 'dig-in'. Quick improvement to seriously fortified positions.