How to Capture Enemy Vehicles?

You cannot capture equipment/vehicles/AFVs and then turn around and use those weapons in CMBO or CMBB during a scenario or operation. Certain pieces of captured equipment are available in the game for purchase in QBs and designed scenarios. These will usually be limited to the most commonly used pieces of captured equipment used by each side and not the entire opposing arsenal.

In terms of infantry small arms, some German squads are equipped with Soviet PPsH's, etc. However I don't think that there is much beyond that.

[ October 07, 2002, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Thanks for the answer....

I was hoping that they would have made this possible in CMBB (even in an operation would have made sense between battles) This might be a good suggestion for any upcoming patches or future versions. ;)

Originally posted by Gregor:

Thanks for the answer....

I was hoping that they would have made this possible in CMBB (even in an operation would have made sense between battles) This might be a good suggestion for any upcoming patches or future versions. ;)

Just speculating on why it isn't available, but wouldn't the use of enemy vehicles require at least some basic training in the use of that vehicle? Is it realistic to think that a team of Russian conscripts (for example) could hop into a Panzer IVH and just drive off and operate it without any hinderance?

My guess at least as to why not. That and the extra programming to make it so.

Remember this is 1941-1945. Most people did not even drive or own cars at this time. Hitler for example NEVER learned to drive a car.

This is also why "paved roads" are rare - or should be rare. Most roads were dirt paths. The German Army, unlike popular belief, was not motorized but mostly used horses to pull equipment, artillery, etc.

So I think the concept of trying to "capture" enemy vehicles is correctly modelled.

Having said that I really wish you could capture artillery, mortars and even MG's like you can in ASL. These should have been modeled IMHO to be able to capture and use.

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

I could see a case for the use of fairly common infantry weapons with, say, reduced firepower, increased likelihood of a jam, reduced ammo, etc.

Maybe one more item for the engine rewrite wish list.

Michael

I know that in Quake™ I always like to grab the RPG from enemies that I axe if all I have at the time is my railgun....

:D -Thresh

[ October 12, 2002, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: GJK ]