Who 'll win?

I have in a PBEM three pz iv/70 and one hetzer on a little hill and at 500 m. a SUPER PERSHING showed itself... seem it is alone... but i fear 'll be not able to crash its front... for now one hetzer and one pz iv 70 fired.. and the shot was ineffective. I will win? Or my opponent?

:rolleyes:

Marco!

Your Panzer IV/70s are quite capable of knocking out that beast with their guns (equal to the Panther's excellent gun). To maximize your chances, flank shots or better yet rear shots will be your best bet. However, with the Panzer IV/70's armament, even an oblique shot should give you excellent chances. The fact that you have 3 of these tank destroyers is a big bonus. My suggestion, attack from the sides with the Panzer IV/70s while using the Hetzer as bait towards the front. Don't sit there with the Hetzer slugging it out frontally with the S.Pershing for it has absolutely no chance.

If you maneuver enough you can get a flank shot with the Hetzer and can yield a good chance for a kill.

Another thing to add: At 500m the guns of your Panzer IV/70 are VERY capable of defeating the strongpoint of the S.Pershing, it's front turret value of 152mm/0 degrees (curved). The upper hull of the S.Pershing is 122mm/46 deg and lower hull is 96mm/53 deg.

The Hetzer is capable of knocking it out frontally at extremely short range (<100m) but not through the turret except by dumb luck. Again, flank/rear shots with the Hetzer is your best bet.

P.S.- The Super Pershing has a slow rate of fire. A slugging match using all your AT weaponry against it will surely yield victory for you, but try not to sit towards the front of it or it's gun facing.

[ 08-08-2001: Message edited by: Warmaker ]

Hmmmm.... I haven't done tests with the JgPz IV/70 v. super pershing. I'm not certain it is a slam dunk in favor of the Germans from the front. If it has the same gun as a Panther, it's been my experience that a Panther can sit there a while and ricochet shots off the front of a regular T-26 before getting a penetration. Hetzer has no chance v. front. BUT, the IV/70 has a real low silhouette and if you're in hull down, you'll probably out last the Pershing.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Agua:

BUT, the IV/70 has a real low silhouette and if you're in hull down, you'll probably out last the Pershing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Panzer IV/70's will bounce shots off the front of a Super Pershing at 500 meters about 70% of the time. Since it's four on one, I would wager the Axis player should be able to KO the pershing before it polishes off all the Panzer IV/70's.

As you already mentioned, being hull down is vital. There's an off chance one of the four Axis tanks will score a gun hit, thus making the Super Pershing null and void.