More waypoints = more delay. Realistic?

Ooo... I forgot this one bit of info for something Mike said:

Although I'm not sure how accurate it is, 'cos, I mean like how is an order going to be transmitted across 2-300m without a radio unless someone leaves a tank?? I'm not sure those dinky wee flags they had would be all that visible at long range!!
Most often the sub unit tanks played "follow the leader" with their HQ tank. So all that was required was LOS to their commanding tank and away they went smile.gif The flags weren't used very much in real combat.

One downside of having Absolute Spotting is that inter tank communication can not be simulated (i.e. Borg Spotting and God Perspective). The real benefit of radios was being able to relay detailed information back and forth between vehicles. This was practically impossible for Soviet tanks in combat for the early part of the war. It is one of the limiations of CM's engine the new engine should fix to the degree it can be and still leave a game to play smile.gif

Steve

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't give any answer for that redo or undo command for waypoints, can that be somehow implemented? It would be much easier to redo waypoints if you accidentaly delete them all.

When trying to restrict individual tank movements in one platoon, it would be easier to make HQ-tank to be able to move where player wants it to move with one waypoint delay only and others tanks would be just following platoon leader and not to be movable by player, anyway not at least in same extent as platoon leader, that would be much realistic systen that you have now, now you are just generally restricting any tank movement and that isn't very realistic.