CM Mac Mod & MCMMM help!

I've d/l both Mac Mod converters and can't get both mod conveters to open up the mod files. Drag & drop doesn't bring the bgm file into the converter's nor does clicking on the "Open Mod File" show anything in the file e.g. I'll navigate down to a mod file, e.g. "fieldgrau file" open it and nothng shows up in the dialog box for me to select. I've reread the read me files but can't get past this.

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Patrick

I have QT 4.O and graphic files conversion from other parties is enabled. I'll double click on a bgm file and the image will show up on my desktop so QT is doing it's job, but the mod converters can't see any of the bgm files in any of the PC uniform files.

Have you tried just double-clicking on the CM Mac Mod icon? Does the program open? If so, you should be able to select the .bmp files that way.

I know that at least one other person reported a similar problem on the thread about the Mac Mod programs. I'd suggest you post something on there, because both Dave (aikidorat) and Brian (bsoplinger) are likely to check it.

Don't worry, they'll eventually help you figure it out.

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

Hey lucero: Both Dave and Brian have said that they would respond fastest to direct e-mails regarding problems with either of the Mac mod programs. Dave wrote MCMMM, and Brian wrote Mac Mod CM. So, give 'em a shout. You can get their e-mail addresses in the other Mac Mod thread.

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

Hi guys!

Didnt notice this thread here - I had set the other one up so I would get an email when someone posted. Luckily I saw this.

in regards to MCM3:

After hitting the 'Open Mods' Button, you CHOOSE the folder you want to convert. This will then load all the files contained in that folder into the listbox, enabling you to select either one, or all, or some of them for conversion.

I wasnt able to figure out how to get teh Folder Open screen to highlight the CHOOSE option, as opposed to OPEN (then again, other programs do the same thing), in order to make it more apparant, but no luck so far.

That should let you load up the files. Then click on a name, and a preview screen should open up. If you get an error saying 'not a pict or bmp', and it is a bmp, you may need to follow the troubleshooting outlined in the other thread.

also:

Edit -> Select All will choose all the mods in the left hand list, enabling you to convert all of them at once.

(I've added a button for the next release that will say 'Convert All' and elminate any confusion. So you'll have the option to Convert Selected, or Convert All. Not sure why I didnt do that in the first place).

Hope this helps. if not, please let me know.

Anything else, now that I know where to look?

smile.gif

dave

------------------

History is made at night

[This message has been edited by aikidorat (edited 09-06-2000).]