AARs from Nordic Wannabee Tourney 1st round

Originally posted by Sgt_Kelly:

You've had to wait for them a while, but here they finally are : the AARs from the Nordic Wannabee first round.

Man, you've done what I should have done. Great service. Thanks a lot.

Redwolf: In your AAR v me on economy of forces, you mention running into dead infantry that had been taken out by your mortar fire. That was actually a sharpshooter, and he was a very unlucky sod - the very first round that fell landed smack bang on his head. A direct hit. A perfect shot. Unbelievable! I was cursing and laughing at the same time smile.gif

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

[QB]Just one question Sgt. Kelly. Are the greyed out names of combat between various opponents supposed to have links to an AAR or are you expecting more to come? The highlighted ones I can download no problems.

QB]

Nope, grey means no AAR received.

Personally the AAR part of a tourney is half the fun for me. I love finding out how my opponents viewed their battles against me, or how someone else managed to achieve a much better score on some scenario.

It seems this can't be said of every tourney player. Despite the fact that AAR's played a relatively important role in this tourney, many people didn't bother.

This has sort of nullified the efforts of other players since it only starts to get interesting when you get a relatively complete set of AAR's.

Treeburst, maybe something to consider when you decide on the importance of AAR's in future rounds / tourneys.

An interesting thing that I have noticed is that different players wrote from different perspectives.

I, for example, tried describe the strategic thinking as a game player. Several others have written them as dramatic first-person stories.

In order to encourage other people to write their AAR's it may be helpful to create a format that would ask a series of questions at different intervals of the game. Some people may not feel comfortable with writing dramatic prose, and this could help them convey their experiences.