Enemy tanks pushing Burned out tanks out of the way..

Anyone else see this neat feature?

i was doing a quick battle and i was defending as germans and had 2 pz IIIF's knocked out by a couple of t43's. well anyway the two bruning tanks made sort of a bottle neck and blocked the enemy tanks path so next thing i know the one t 34 runs into the burning pz III and moves it out of the way. i was like wow cool! hehe

Originally posted by arkai88:

I have not seen this - but I have seen a gun explode on an IS-2. I checked 3 times, trying to find out why I had a shocked crew with 1 casualty. It happened at the exact moment that the tank fired.

WHOA! You sure about that?

Having only received CMBB in the post a few days ago, I have already observed this numerous times in one battle where one of my assault guns KO'd several tanks and armoured cars on a narrow road.

Other tanks came along and bulldozed the flaming wreckage out of the way.

I've also seen an immobilized PzIV pushed aside by a PzIII when it was blocking the road.

Well - I've seen this feature, and its neat and all, but I have also seen where it can kinda be used as a gamey tactic.

I was playing as the Germans against the AI in a quick battle. The AI, had a number of T-26's which I fought my way through with an understrength platoon of S-35's. Anyhow - towards the end of the battle, I ordered one of my tanks to circle around behind the last T-26, which was near one of the edges of the map.

The T-26 took a turret penetration from one of my other tanks, backed up and stopped about 10m from his original position. At this point He was about 5m from the edge of the map.

I never would have guessed that he would have backed up; especially directly in the path of my S-35 which I had sent to flank him.

Well - apparently, neither did the S-35 I had issued the orders to;

The flanking S-35 in effect, drove right into the T-26 (ramming it), and then shoved it 5m to its rear, bumping it right off of the map!!

Now - I figured that this was pretty cool (briefly), though I quickly realized that had I been playing a human opponent, I quite likely would have either been percieved, if not accused of using a gamey tactic to eliminate a (live/functional) enemy unit.

Personally - I think this should be fixed; if its possible.

I certainly wouldn't want to see other "bumping" within the game eliminatated, as I think its useful, but I do think that this "bug" should be addressed.

I've just seen the "shove" feature operate in a VERY undesirable fashion.

I inadvertently ordered tank B on a path that took it through my stationary tank A, which was standing at the end of a bridge.

Tank B then proceeded to shove the (undamaged) tank A off the bridge onto an impassable slope below the bridge, where it stayed lodged for the rest of the game.

I've seen the "shove" feature in both games. However what puzzles me is that sometimes knocked vehicles are shoved out of the way & sometimes they aren't ( OK vehicles pass right through them ). It would be nice to have some consistency in this. Personally I prefer to see disabled / KO'ed vehicles pushed aside - more realistic ( in most cases ).