T-34 1943 model with early wheels?

Did the soviets ever place early wheels (particularly wheels from 1942 and below models) on newer designed T-34's that SHOULD be using the newer "spoked" wheels? The reason I ask is because I stumbled on this pic.

Yes, it is just a model, but none-the-less.

Now, let me just clearify that thatis the CHTz turret, correct? -The one that's modeled for the 1943 tanks CMBB?

Originally posted by AnonymousOxide:

Did the soviets ever place early wheels (particularly wheels from 1942 and below models) on newer designed T-34's that SHOULD be using the newer "spoked" wheels?

There is documentation of T34s with a mix of wheel type, so I wouldn't be too concerned about the choice on the model.

And your correct about the cast Chtz turret but I don't think it's included in CMBB.

Mace

Originally posted by AnonymousOxide:

Did the soviets ever place early wheels (particularly wheels from 1942 and below models) on newer designed T-34's that SHOULD be using the newer "spoked" wheels? The reason I ask is because I stumbled on this pic.

Yes, it is just a model, but none-the-less.

They sure did, in fact it isn't hard to find pictures of T-34-85s on such wheels. Spoked/pierced wheels were supposedly the model of preference but the differences were probably negligeble anyway*. And as with seemingly everything else various subcontractors made different types of wheels.

* The limiting factor was initially rubber, not steel. But spoked wheels were supposedly lighter, yet sturdier.

[ November 01, 2002, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Foxbat ]