Who are the better players poll?Pbemers or Tcipers?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Steve of BTS

PBEM players are the most tactically sound, I find TCP/IP matches to more resemble yank-the-donkey slugfests

Originally posted by Charles of BTS

The only way to properly utilize the code in CMBO (and even more in CMBB) is by playing the game in PBEM mode. TCP/IP mode is more akin to rabblerousers after a soccer match.

Originally posted by Madmatt of Fascist Italy

Gli alleati imperialist non riusciranno mai a sconfiggere loro Roma glorious per possono giocare soltanto CMBO nel modo più espansivo e più oleoso di modo di TCP/IP, non di PBEM!!!

I think that settles it.*

*They really didn't say that, you idjits.

Originally posted by Geier:

It is true!

However, should you beat Wasteland, then that is another matter entirely. Fallout is only good for saving the world from the nefarious plans of The Master and while it also has some interesting facts about the FEV, it is otherwise complete hogwash. And you know it.

Whew. That was close!

Originally posted by NightGauntt:

As I said before, i don't even play with actual set time constraints.

It is the ability to spend unlimited amounts of time contemplating possibilities that is unrealistic.

I'm confused, do you play with a time limit or not?

Most of my posts re IP play have stated "short turn duration IP" or something similar and where I have not been specific it was implied.

PBEM games do not allow unlimited time to contemplate each turn. e.g. I sleep for 8 hrs/day; go to work for 8 hrs/day; travel, eat and look after my kids for about 4 hrs/day; watch TV for 1 hr/day and play up to 5 PBEM games and some single player CM for about 2 hrs/day. (God knows what happens to the other hour) So my PBEM turns ARE time limited to about 15 minutes per turn. And if you think I sit at work all day thinking of CM and posting comments on the forum... hold on, thats what I'm doing now - damn.

[ August 13, 2002, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Bruce70 ]

]I'm confused, do you play with a time limit or not?

NO, nope, none, no SET time limit. What I do do is play against players who don't take unreasonable amount of time.

15 minutes a turn for a pretty big battle (1+ BN/side)is a pretty efficient time. Now if you are spending 15 minutes in a 900pt battle on defense, thats a different story.

It is a relative term. The key to my whole statement is a reasonable amount of time.

I know plenty of people who take much longer/turn especially in a pbem. And many people on this thread would probably say that they regularly take long amounts of time to do a turn.