Friendly Fire (someone's gonna be executed!)

I just played a QB where a 150mm Inf. gun missed an area target and panicked, decimated and drove off an advancing platoon. In the same battle, a pair of spotting rounds from a 105 spotter landed with perfect accuracy directly on top of two squads. Also, I had trouble with Bunker MG's, because arty just rains down ineffectively around them and my 150 didn't have LOS. They were near the back of the map in a large open patch so I couldn't introduce them to my Pioneers. Any ideas?

Are they concrete or wooden bunkers, and what else do you have?

Wooden bunkers should fall pretty quickly to something like a 20mm (esp quad) vehicle -- at least, judging from one CD scenario, the constant penetrations tends to panic 'em.

Concrete, hm, you might want something (a) armored (enough to be able to stand MG fire) and (B) with a good nice-velocity (so it can make it accurately w/n the slot) HE round.

If you have Pioneers and a lot of light arty, you might be able to smoke the whole area and then rush troops there... it depends on how much smoke you can lay down and how big that open patch is.

Ummm, I disagree. How is his post a "tip or a trick"? It is simply a question about how to handle bunkers in CMBB. Seems perfectly reasonable that he asks the question here on the bulletin board dedicated to CMBB.

Now, if he had a solution to how to tackle bunkers then that's the sort of post I would expect to see in the Tips & Tricks section.

Regards

Jim R.