Gamma/brightness

Rad

Then you'll need to apply changes on your monitor itself. CM doesn't take the values set by the video card drivers (even if they're supposed to affect DirectX).

If Alt-G doesn't help, then only physical adjustments to the monitor itself (the monitor's controls) will help. I know of no utility or control panel applet on the PC that will change CM's brightness outside of the Alt-G command within CM.

Sometimes, though I'm not sure in CM's case, different versions of video drivers may affect the gamma. I know quite awhile back (v.3 - v. 6 Detonators) NVidia changed the default gamma in their drivers (and possibly their Video BIOS's, but I'm not sure). So it is possible that certain video drivers may have different gammas, but I don't think that NVidia has changed the default gamma in quite awhile.

[ February 19, 2003, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Other people including me have had problems with CMBB's gamma even at max setting so you're not alone. I use Powerstrip which I run in the background, and amongst it's abilities is the option to crank up the gamma in any program at any time by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Keypad +. Works like a dream with CMBB.

There is a link to the shareware version at the bottom of this site. If you don't mind a bit more clutter running in the background, then this application should solve any gamma problems you have.

• 4 weeks later...

REX THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been able to play night battles since I got CMBB but thanks to that little gadget I now can you should post the powersrip info on the main forum

again THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love and deep deep deep gratitude to you :D:D:D