Stupid person needs help posting screenshots

See subject.

I did a search that didn't turn up much, and though my better judgment says "post this in the tech support forum so only those who are used to people like me will see it"...

Is there a step-by-step tutorial somewhere that walks us "cranially challenged" folks through posting screenshots? I have saved a bunch of them that I'd love to share but I don't know how. Is there free webspace out there to host a few screenies at a time? How can I use my AOHell homepage to do this? I need help both with the putting them on the web part and the linking to them part.

Any and all help would be appreciated! Putdowns too so long as they are witty and/or original!!

Guy

Follow these steps

1. Most ISPs provide some homepage space for their customers. You should ask them for exact adress of your home folder if you dont already know it.

2. You need some easy to use FTP program like ACEFTP to upload files there. After fast configuration...

Server:www.yourisp.com

Your username and password for your ISP you must already know:)

Uploading files (images etc.) goes by simple drag and drop.

3. Post link to your images in your post using > Ps. I guess people can figure these things out VERY seldom without any help. Even if it isnt very complicated...how would you know?    [img]smile.gif

[ November 03, 2002, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: illo ]

GWDWD, send the pics to AnonymousOxide@ownmail.com, and I'll post them on my FTP. Once on my FTP you can link to em, and post them anywhere.

For example, the battlefront.com logo up top is a .jpg that is saved on BTS's ftp. Go ahead and right click it and hit properties, you'll see the address URL: http://www.battlefront.com/images/nav/topnav.jpg

So now that I know the address URL, the only thing I need to do is copy and paste it here on this forum (or another place if you desire), and put at the beginning, and at the end which are UBB tags. [example below]

topnav.jpg

Also, if you press the URL button next to the smilies when you're typing a message on this forum, you are able to create a clickable word or words that links to the desired image. Just add the above URL into the first space, and a word (or words) in the next space that will link to the image. [example below]

Power of cheese.

[ November 03, 2002, 06:48 AM: Message edited by: AnonymousOxide ]

Oh crap, you have a "bunch" of images, I see. Well that changes things a bit.

Yeah, try to get that free FTP, but if you want you can send me a few images that you want to post now. I'm running 56k which is a bitnatch to upload with, and the downloading isn't peaches either.

Since you're using AOL, make sure the images are converted to .jpg. You can do this by going to paint and saving them in that format.