Gamma with CMAK

Alarmer

Hi there. I seem not to be the only one with gamma probs here.

I have Ati radeon 9800pro with 3.7 cats with Windows XP and the first time I adjusted gamma it worked. Iam not quite sure how should the gamma alt-g work since I only could get higher gamma not lower.

After that everytime I boot up CMAK the gamma doesnt work. But my desktop is in super gamma mode :(

Can I change this somehow? Or do I need to unisntall?

How nice, I uninstalled and installed again. The super gamma stays. Now this really is a issue.

Thanks.

[ December 12, 2003, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Alarmer ]

You can delete your Prefs file and this will set the gamma to its default setting. This will also delete your resolution setting and your other defaults ('fog of war', etc.).

Alt-G in game will adjust CM's gamma. The default is a 'medium' gamma and there are two higher and two lower settings. You just have to press the Alt-G hotkey a few more times and it will loop back to the lower settings.

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'gamma doesn't work'. Does the Alt-G keystroke no longer adjust gamma in game ?

As for the super-gamma you get, you may need to reboot to get your video card's default or contol panel setting. CM's gamma adjustment will usually effect the desktop and if you need to, just set CM back to 'medium' gamma before exiting. You may also want to check to see if the gamma controls in the Display control panel are set high after CM's gamma adjustment. If they are, then you can manually reset them. However it's quite likely that CM's gamma adjustment bypasses the control panel and hence the change won't register there (i.e. - the control panel won't accurately tell you what the current gamma is after CM has adjusted it and may continue to say that it is "1.0" or whatever).

You can also tinker around with PowerStrip and see how well it adjusts gamma within CM. You'll need to assign it a hotkey for gamma (and preferably not CM's hotkey) adjustment while in CM. This may allow for more subtle control of gamma (if it works with current Catalysts). I haven't used this software in quite awhile myself, but it may be something useful to you.

[ December 12, 2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Thank you for your quick answer !

Ill try that del preferences now. ..

update:

I delled the preferences file but Gamma was still the same super high. It seems to be setted deep down in registry or something. Since reinstalling didint help.

When I pressed alt-g in game it little by little increased gamma, there was no like "medium" --> "high" gamma jump or anything.

And no matter how much I tap alt-g the gamma refuses to change. But as I come back to desktop it is almost completely white which in my books is super gamma smile.gif

Rebootting and activating color pad in catalyst drivers change the gamma back to normal.

Might seem like a small issue, but I have not seen this kinda thing in any other game. Should be doable by BattleField also ?

[ December 12, 2003, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Alarmer ]

Not sure if it's the same thing as what you have, but I had a severe problem with gamma and Barbarossa to Berlin. It turns out that the Game Util program that comes with R3Dtweak apparently has a "feature" that allows you to assign keys for instant gamma change in-game and saves these changes to the registry. I've since stopped using regtweak and deleted the reference in the registry. It's under:

HKEY_Current_User | Software | Game Util | Game Gamma

Hope that helps.

- Chris

Yes wolfe !! Thank you much the Rage3DTweakers game util was indeed the cause for the gamma probles.

I found it in registery folder called game util/game gamma/

there was combat mission afrika korps.exe and some registery key after it. Deleted it and the normal gamma is back again! smile.gif

Quite and coincidence that game util and CMAK use the same key for gamma changing , and bad luck too smile.gif

Hope this helps somebody else too.