Why? I can' open

Hi Ales -

Maybe the maps you can't open need more memory. Depending on how much RAM your computer has, you may be able to give Combat Mission more space to work with.

If you're not sure how to do this:

First, quit all applications, go to the Apple Menu and select 'About This Computer'. It will tell you how much unused memory you have. Then go to the Combat Mission application and Get Info for it (click on it and press Command-I). This will tell you how much memory CM is using.

If the memory CM is using, is a lot less than the amount of unused memory, you can give CM more. It is best to leave 10 or 20 megabytes free, because CM's graphics are drawn by the System software.

Hope this helps!

David

------------------

There's a splinter in your eye, and it reads REACT

Have you actually given CM more memory? On the Mac it doesn't matter how much memory you have - you've got to specify exactly how much memory each application uses. So you could have a gigabyte of RAM, but CM would still only use 45Mb.

David

------------------

David sorry for wrong iterpretation of my trouble.

When you move scenario document(i.e.Meyer's Wrath) into scenario folder the title of scenario isn't visible on the menu (battle/operation) of the game.( Version1.05). I have system 9.03 and the information on the memory does not exist in my info. Only file size.(Can not change amount of memory like in system 7 or 8)

Huh!

Thank you

Ales

> I have system 9.03 and the information on the memory does not exist in my info. Only file size.(Can not change amount of memory like in system 7 or 8)

The Info window is divided in OS 9. There is a menu which you use to switch between General Information, Sharing and Memory.

Are you running the game from the CD, or is it fully installed to your hard disc?

David

------------------

Guest Michael emrys

This is no doubt an extremely stupid question...[it was a stupid question; never mind]

Michael

[This message has been edited by Michael emrys (edited 08-30-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye:

What version of CM are you using? There are some scenarios (Meyer's Wrath is one) that don't work with versions prior to 1.05.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Meyer's Wrath works fine with 1.05 and Victory in the Vineyards.cmb does not.O.K. I understand.

Thank you Buckeye,David.

Ales

p.s. And Michael for his clever support.

This from an e-mail to Ales:

The file has a space at the end of its name.

Combat Mission will recognise a scenario file if either (1) it has the Mac OS creator info, or (2) it has a .cmb extension. This scenario has the latter, but there's a space after, which messes things up - ie. "Victory in the Vineyards.cmb " rather than "Victory in the Vineyards.cmb". Remove the space and it should work.

David

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

Combat Mission will recognise a scenario file if either (1) it has the Mac OS creator info, or (2) it has a .cmb extension. This scenario has the latter, but there's a space after, which messes things up - ie. "Victory in the Vineyards.cmb " rather than "Victory in the Vineyards.cmb". Remove the space and it should work.

David

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you David!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

David

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

David,

I constructed "Victory in the Vineyards". Is this space at the end of the filename just a MAC thing? I looked at it in Win98 and can see no space at the end of the filename. It also runs OK for me in CMBO 1.05. I am in the process of modifying the scenario to enhance gameplay based on feed back from the CMBO community. If there are any changes I can make that will benefit the MAC community please let me know.

Terry "groundpounder" Flemming

groundpounder wrote:

> I constructed "Victory in the Vineyards".

Hi Terry -

I don't know where the space came from, but I don't think you need to worry about it. The filename should be the same on the Mac and PC, unless it's over 31 characters, when the Mac will shorten it. There are various ways a filename could be inadvertantly changed, but that's not your fault.

David

------------------